Many exciting activities to choose from
Marvel at the power of the sea from the tip of the mole. Stride through the blooming heather further inland. Nature has been kind to Karmøy, with wide diversity and countless opportunities for recreation, adventure and communion with nature. To the south of the island, the spectacular heather moors offer the outdoor experience of a Norwegian highland. A bike ride through the moors, or a stroll along the bleached white beaches of the west, represent memorable encounters with local flora and fauna.
Karmøy was one of the first places in Norway to be settled after the recent Ice Age. The island is therefore home to a wealth of cultural artefacts and traces of our ancestors, from Bronze Age burial mounds to the more recent Olav’s Church at Avaldsnes, built in 1250 AD. – Experience Karmøy!
Boat & fishing
– Experience the archipelago in Skudeneshavn by rowing boat. Free loan at the tourist office in Skudeneshavn, from 1 June to 31 August. Torget. t: +47 52 85 80 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Lindøy recreation area can be explored by rowing boat and canoe. For rental, contact Friluftsrådet T: + 47 52 77 48 30.
– Boat with crew:
M/S Rima can be ordered for fishing trip (8 persons) or just boating (10-12 persons) T: +47 90589727/97708224/99612783.
M/S Øyakongen can seat 40 people (about 10 can fish at a time), M/S Rana 20” takes 6 people. T: +47 99 23 54 99.
Boatride to Geitungen light: T: 48 15 23 53 (11 persons).
– The tiny island of Feøy is renowned for its coves and canals and idyllic recreational areas. Boats from Haugesund and Kveiteviken, Torvastad.
– For organized kayak trips or equipment rental, please contact: email@example.com, oppkoma.no
– You can rent SUP (stand up paddle board), surfboards and fishing gear by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org,rawoceanlodge.com
Discover Karmøy by bike
The ragged coast, heather moors, restless sea and soaring birds all contribute to an unforgettable encounter. Bike hire from Tourist Information in Skudeneshavn and Skudenes camping. El-cycles are available in Åkrehamn, at Amfi and Centrum varehus.